Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rude much?

     There's a man here at campus who went to my community college with me; I've known him for nearly 6 years now. We've never been friends, as I prefer not to socialize with people who tried to get in my pants when I was 14. I've managed to pretty much avoid him here, but we finally have a class together this semester.

     Yesterday, I posted on Facebook complaining about a random person who was so intent on petting my service dog that he nearly grabbed my crotch as we walked past. My classmate commented on the post asking why I had a service dog. I answered with my typical evasiveness about "medical reasons" and left it at that. Just now in class, though, he came up to me and asked again why I have a dog. I answered, again, that he's a service dog for medical reasons. When he persisted in asking, I said that he's a service dog for disability. "But you're not disabled!" When I assured him that I am disabled, hence the service dog, he immediately challenged, "Well, what's your disability?" Really? I never socialize with you, and you're going to ask my disability? He seemed rather offended when I told him that it wasn't his business. Sorry, ass, but I don't exist to tell people I don't like about my disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment