Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Friday, February 15, 2013

More split identities

     Like I've mentioned before, I'm out to all of my professors, with the exception of The Professor. That means that all of my professors, save for him, call me by my chosen name while he only knows of my birth name. I needed to set up a meeting between me, him, and our department chair (who is also one of my professors this semester and knows me by my chosen name). He sent out the email to "[Chair] and Kali." She promptly responded to "[The Professor] and Jay." As our schedules conflict, we've sent a total of 10ish emails; throughout all of them, both of them have continued to refer to me by different names (I'm not sure if The Professor has ever heard me called by my chosen name before these emails, poor guy). I, meanwhile, have just stopped signing my emails with any name. I swear, I can see the two parts of me splitting apart slowly but surely. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment