Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blocking

I have a friend who I was really close to once. She and I had a lot of similarities, having both been in love with girls, Christian, and about as socially awkward as you can get. She and I drifted apart, but stayed in touch randomly. We're pretty different now, as she's happily married and devoted to God and we live a few counties apart (which, in SoCal, is a much bigger difference apparently than in many parts of the country). I still considered her a friend though; it was the type of friendship that you could go months without talking and go to lunch and still be chatty.

She blocked me on Facebook. I have no idea why. She wasn't close to The Fiancée when things ended in September, so I assume, though that may have changed, it isn't why? I'm not sure. Most of The Fiancée's friends have deleted me on Facebook and The Fiancée outright blocked me, which makes me wonder if that's why this friend did as well. We haven't talked in an incredibly long time, but this actually hurts a lot more than I would expect. Losing more and more ties to my hometown, as tenuous as they might have been, while I have no solid connections here makes me feel kind of homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment