Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thesis

     I officially have finished my senior thesis presentation. That marked the first time, since my rape, I have successfully presented in front of people. I was collected and composed and people were legitimately fascinated by my research. The Professor was proud of me. I had the support of dozens of people online, many of whom I haven't seen in person in quite a while, and the support of even more on campus. I had countless friends endure my practicing repeatedly, calm me down when I was panicking, and distract me with shoulder rubs before I went up. I had more prayers and positive energy sent my way at 4 o'clock than I can even imagine. I could feel Him with me, loving me and holding me as I presented. I couldn't feel more proud of having reclaimed this thing from my rapist and done what I used to love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment