Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Monday, May 13, 2013

Growing Up

     In less than an hour and a half, I'll be 20. It's a very weird feeling to not be a teenager any longer. As much as I've grown and changed, in a lot of ways, I still feel like that 14 year old going to their first day of college. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

     Coincidentally, thanks to it being finals week, this will be the first birthday I haven't seen my mother on. Instead, we'll be celebrating it this weekend at The Melting Pot (gluten for a day, whoo!) and I'll spend tomorrow pretending to be the adult I'm becoming: cleaning my apartment, going to work, and giving my final presentation for The Professor. My best friend and I are going to have a great night though, with some gluten free pasta at The Spaghetti Factory and then a sleepover so we can spend the evening watching movies and drinking wine. This will be the first time I will celebrate my birthday as Jay; that feels like the biggest milestone of all.

     Happy birthday to the real me!

No comments:

Post a Comment