Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SCOTUS

     Today, as most people have already noticed, the Supreme Court of the United States has began hearing arguments for and against marriage equality and DOMA. I read an article on it yesterday and made the mistake of reading the comments. Seeing such a demonstration of outright hatred was heartbreaking and demoralizing. There's nothing like reading hundreds of people advocating for you and people like you to be murdered.

As a show of support for queers and equality, we've started a movement of wearing red today. Across the board, I've seen Facebook, queers and allies alike, become a sea of red. I could not be more proud of the people in my life for taking this stand. I'm truly inspired and grateful for the overwhelming show of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment