Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I love God's timing!

Oh my goodness, I love when God just makes it so obvious how perfect His timing is! He just lays everything out for me right in my lap, making it as simple as following breadcrumbs. It's glorious to see His work so clearly like that.

Since developing PTSD after my rape, as most of you know, I've been on the hunt for a service dog. The service dog candidate that I tried didn't work out for several reasons. There are precious few service dog organizations willing to train PTSD dogs for non-vets. Most cost 30-40k. The only one near me that is low-to-no cost and feasible to go to has a long waiting list and, though I'd interviewed with them, I just hadn't moved forward with a commitment yet. Nothing has been right yet.

Tonight, I went to my final class of the night, where I ran into a friend who I haven't seen since early last semester. She and I have lots in common thanks to our similar mental illnesses. Lo and behold, tonight, she had a lovely Golden Retriever curled up beneath her seat; she'd gotten a service dog for her PTSD! We got to talking, and I found out that she actually had her dog trained by a trainer just a county away who, as a service dog owner herself, offers low cost psych service dog training! My friend called her trainer after our class and passed along my information. The trainer and I just got off the phone. My guess is that, within the next two weeks, I will be becoming the proud mommy (yes, as a trans*guy I still call myself mommy, don't ask) of a service dog in training! I could not be more grateful for the way that God just lined everything up so clearly that even I couldn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment