Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Saturday, April 27, 2013

PCOS

     As part of my diagnostic process, I went to an endocrinologist to get my hormones checked, since hormones can always be a possible cause for some of my personal brand of crazy. Full disclosure, after being on birth control since I was 13 thanks to insane menstrual cycles, I stopped them in December simply out of laziness. Back to my natural hormones, I haven't had a cycle since mid January. Combined with some other factors (whoo uncontrollable weight gain!), she's assuming I have PCOS. If that's true, that likely means I'm infertile.

     Obviously, as a trans*guy, I'm planning on having a hysterectomy. Additionally, I have no plans of breeding, thanks to my craziness and a selfish outlook on life. Ironically, though, I was planning on keeping my ovaries in the event I ever decided to harvest my eggs. It's oddly saddening to lose that choice, even though I should never breed anyways. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment