Do you think anger is a sincere emotion or the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain?

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Time Passing

     It has been 1 month, 3 weeks, and 1 day since The Fiancée ended things. On the 12th, it will mark 2 months (time moves so oddly when we measure days and weeks versus months...).

     It has been 1 month and 2 days since I was raped.

     It has been 3 days since I got my potential Service Dog in Training. (Her name is Abundiz; she typically gets called Abbey. Things seem to be going well in terms of her capabilities as a service dog. She's somewhat exceedingly protective of my house and tried to eat The Mitten when he came to visit, but apparently has no desire to eat my rats.)

I feel like my life has changed more in these past 58 days than in my 19 1/2 years before that. I'm not sure really what that means for me, other than this is apparently a season of trials in my life. Frankly, I'm ready for the next season.

2 comments:

  1. How's the dog working out? Do we get to see a picture of her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored her, but I had to take her back. She had potty issues. I could take her out 8 times in a day or let her out on my patio (which has a 2 story tall avocado tree and dirt and such), but she wouldn't pee or anything for up to two days until she'd end up going all over the floor. I can't have a service dog who won't go potty. I only had her for two weeks, but I miss her. :(

    ReplyDelete